Tuesday 16 April 2019

Khichhdi in Jannat (Risotto in Heaven)



I was watching MasterChef Aus a couple of years ago when some contestant struggled in making a "Risotto" (sounding like George). I inquisitively asked a friend, "what's that?" 

The reply I got left me ROFL. 

"Ye italyion khichhdi hai"
(This is Italian Khichhdi)


The reason I remembered this "italiyon ki khichhdi" is ....

Yesterday Khi and Hyd were hit by a khoobsurat mausam and duststorm. I was travelling from Hyd to Khi and the highway had this Grand Canyon feel to it. But I was brought back to reality by the powerful lurch in my stomach which reminded me that I have had food poisoning and I'm still recovering from it. So, throwing the idea of pakora ( not the actual one) and halwa puri nashta outta window (the bus's window and my mind's window all at the same time) I tried thinking what can I eat in this weather. 

The answer amused me as it did in the past, "italiyon ki Khichhdi".....

 "Risotto! " I exclaimed (to myself of course! Who talks aloud to a bus full of sleeping beauties!! (and a few beasts) :p







This picture is not showing Risotto ofcourse, it depicts chai which I can still have! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Letters (#04)

 Hi again, Dada! I needed to ask something.... What did you do when the world moved on and you remained stuck? How did you got up in the mor...