Wednesday 11 April 2018

The Last Straw (and the samosa :P)



"ortho saari zindagi ka rog hai"

I heard the gayan very respectfully while I munched on the expired and overpriced pattees in cpsp canteen. A senior was showering his pearls of wisdom on me and was trying to give me a heartache as a sidekick :p

So what should I do now? I asked with heart skipping a beat every min

You should start studying ....IMM nahi hua na ab tak? he tried scolding like a pri school teacher with maula bakhsh

"....hgya"

"hmmm..... phir part 2 nahi dena tum ne! why are you wasting time"

I looked around and then looked back only to inform him that I am IN my final yr .....not done yet!

"ohh acha acha......phir aisa karo k articles parho...cases hgye?"

 " ...horhy.... hain" I replied as I squeeeeezed out the last two drops of ketchup

"jaldi kerlo....lagta h so rhi ho...."

By this time my patties and ketchup were finished and so was my sabr.
I retorted "ap k hgaye?"

He conveniently looked away and after inspecting the ceiling for about 5 min replied.... "horhy.... hain"


The conversation ended and so did my motivation for doing post-grad.

The truth is that the last year of ortho residency is a debacle, if I may say so. Trust me, it is the worst. You get bombarded with dissertation, cases, parhai ki tension (not the actual parhai) , to do or not to do ek adad article to satisfy your already dead ego, juniors ki stupidity ki waja se mili hui assignments and what not . All of a sudden you start getting things which your dumbhead mind failed to understand during the initial years of residency. You start getting ideas for your cases in your sleep! Yes, in sleep! of all the places.

It is a time when you are trying to land back on earth after flying high over the big fat hurdle of passing Intermediate exam. It is a time you realize you are worth ....well...ahem .....Nothing! :p
You feel lost  only to be found  by your unappointed patients of the day. It is also the year when you start hating the third molars (upper ones to be precise). It's the year of heartbreaks (both good and bad). In my chinese calender, it is the leap year with immense, sudden, unforeseen growth!

So, my two cents would be to grab a cuppa-tea (l'accent de british) and dig in the realm of books with infinite territories as soon as your crazy- lazy self can!




(Pic credits: Google)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feelings Unlimited (02)

 Well part 01 was never published so..... here we go. What do we associate with events in earlier part of our lives becomes totally differen...