Wednesday 28 June 2017

A Review For the Doobie Donuts (Hyderabad)













When it comes to eateries, Hyderabad did not seem to have a lot of options 3-4 years back. There still  is dearth of a casual chai/coffee shop for students to hang out or a place where they can sometimes sit and do assignments Or simply kill time.



Such places are in abundance worldwide and even in Karachi. There is Dunkin Donuts, which is my favorite spot for doing my assignments. There is Dolmen Mall food-court. These places are customer friendly in every possible way be it availability of internet connection or discount deals.
However, happily enough things are changing in my hometown. So about a month or so ago I came across this online donut franchise, based in Hyderabad. As I was home and had nothing better to do on 1st May holiday, I ordered nutty chocolate donut and one white milk donut. Their facebook page is quick to respond and order was confirmed. I sent them a google map screenshot of my location (it always helps while placing online orders).

The order was delivered in the given time slot. Donuts were super fresh. The smell was appetizing. They were soft and neatly packed. White chocolate on top was smooth, did not decompose and did not taste bitter.  That was a major plus for me. Nutty donuts had a crackling effect which I like with something as soft and spongy as donuts. The donuts are not pricey and have good value for money.



So, this Eid I decided to try their Cake and my pick was a Rainbow Cake and Oreo Cake.
Let’s start with Rainbow cake. It was moist. Colors were bright. Sponge was soft and gooey but just the right amount not too gooey. The chocolate on top was generous and it blended well with the taste of sponge.



The Oreo cake had a perfect appearance in accordance with a festive, Eid cake. I ordered with a little customization so mine had no oreos on top, alternatively it had chocolate chips sprinkled in the center top part. Topping was light and fluffy. The only thing which could be improved is that may be adding middle rather thick layer of frosting in between the upper and lower part of the sponge that will prevent the drying effect which occurs as you dig in towards center. It cost me around rs 720/ for 2 pounds and a free delivery (Eid special).

On the whole;
Delivery: 08/10
Taste: 09/10
Packaging: 10/10
Response rate: 10/10
Price: 10/10






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feelings Unlimited (02)

 Well part 01 was never published so..... here we go. What do we associate with events in earlier part of our lives becomes totally differen...