Thursday 3 August 2017

Not so Cheap Thrills :)



There are certain songs which make you nostalgic and then there are those which allow you to make memories. This post is particularly important because I am not a crazy huge fan of media be it films, dramas or anything else. But I had to write it all down! 
So, there were all these posts about the Indian bride dancing her way through the wedding day preps. I saw it. The song was catchy. When I learned the lyrics it made my stomach cringe and I missed my inner circle. So, this post is for you Marium, Razia, Falak, Iqra, Asma. These lovely ladies tolerate me happily when I am high on ketchup, pizza, chai or anything that's edible or piyable :) ..... you name it :D They are the ones who make me forget my phone and practically everything else in the world. All of us love to talk. We talk so much, not to mention we all talk at the same time, that no one listens :)


Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight
(I love cheap thrills!)


The thing is the thrills with you guys are not so cheap. They are worth the moon :) You guys are breath of fresh air through and through. You don't just celebrate me at my worst you make my day when I am at my best too (I knowwww, it sounds weird but that's the way we are!). We celebrate, not enjoy but Celebrate the bad moods! with each other. Occasionally, just like that, I'll throw a sarcastic comment andddd here you go!


I got all I need
No I ain't got cash
I ain't got cash
But I got you baby :)


That's veryyy true! :P BUT soon there'll be destination holiday you guys, just hang in there and wait for like 40 more years :P Well, somethings are priceless and they come in handy just like our gatherings, at adda (pizzahut) or adda no.2: Falak's home. Marium invites us to her place also, very secretively though and she just forgets to actually tell us that we are invited to her house on a particular day :P (referring to an incident which happened in high school)



Come on come on, turn the radio on
It's Saturday and it won't be long
Gotta paint my nails, put my high heels on
It's Saturday and it won't be long 


In my version, it would be: it's Sunday (for us, of course!). Our radio and newscaster or broadcaster is Falak. At our gatherings you can show off or on very conveniently, mostly because none of us care :P We talk, throw words and unfinished stories at each other and get out :D It's usually later in the night our watssap helps us in finishing those stories/gossips.




Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight


Who needs it when you have a master chef like Asma, awesome-est baker like Iqra, and Falak's aaalooo! And faalsay ka juice, YES, I mean who does that, knock knock, Answer is: Falak. In her wedding this cutie gave us the goodie bags and in her own farewell party she brought me a bottle of wine (read that as falsay ka juice) matlab pampering ki hadd hai :) She is the event organizer with such fun activities that we all just do not move from her house until and unless we have to :P

 Now Marium would be thinking that I left her out. Yes darling I did :P that's because you have forgotten my homemade aftari that I sent you waayyy back and you never fed me pizza! apna wala! 
And Razia you need to re-surface a lil more, scene mn ayn aap! Having said that whenever I meet her she never forgets to fill the table with all my fav snacks.
This post is an appreciation blog for my Oxygen (s) in town. Because of them, other than My family, Hyderabad is Home :)
And yes sometimes, only sometimes home is not four walls, its two eyes and a heartbeat.




(10 eyes in my case :P)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feelings Unlimited (02)

 Well part 01 was never published so..... here we go. What do we associate with events in earlier part of our lives becomes totally differen...