Friday 12 May 2017

Diaries of an orthodontic resident


Mid-week Crisis

What this one brings you is an insight, as to what happens after you’ve survived the Monday blues.

Ek, do, teen…….paanch” I finished counting out loud the third time. And was putting away the impression boxes ehatayat se like the Holy Grail. My roommate walked in and exclaimed,

ye kia haiii!!! “ she looked inquisitive and picked up one model, rotating it from right to left and left to right.

“mere exam cases” , I said beaming with joy (just like when you scored a 100 on a math test or more appropriately I simulated the smile of a first yr resident who while filling the logs smile at piles of case files he has and thinks they are ALL his exam cases. Unlike the senior who have lost all. Perks of day dreaming! Little do they know k dosre saal 30 mn se 10 bhi mushkil hee bachnay and by fourth yr….. well an evil laugh would suffice (A). By fourth yr my dearies, you’ll be begging on your knees for cases to stay. Whereas I think, by that time you should be on your knees in front of a girl for a different reason altogether!

“They look creepy, ewww, apka dil nahi chahta ye daant torr dein” , contempt was evident in her eyes, my heart skipped a beat. I took the model and placed it back in the box as quickly as possible. I explained her, the torture of five exam cases and she asked casually opening the air filled bag of 3 cocomos, “so how many do you have? “

“I had 15”

“Had matlab”

“Had matlab ab 5 bachay hain” . I was explaining the stories of what happened to my RIP exam cases when the whatssap message tone beeped. I opened inbox and there it was! I don’t know how many of your patients send you audio recorded messages on whatssap. Most of my patients do that and its creepy when you are typing the text and in return you get a 5 minute recording of how Ibrahim broke the band and somehow they want the assurance that its loose and not broken. The recordings goes like…

“The clip on back teeth, not the front teeth, is may be loose, may be broken. The brackets on front teeth are fine. It’s the clip. Which you had placed after separators. The clip which is present on Big teeth, not the small ones ahead of big teeth. The clip which are 4 in total, 2 in upper jaw, 2 in lower jaw, one on each side. The steel clips. Ibrahim is feeling the clip. It’s not hurting but he can feel it. He has not eaten anything (since the dinosaurs died :P) but the clip is loose somehow, should he visit you? (No he should visit Grand Canyon and have a blast there :P)

How the band was broken”, I typed and pressed Send. My roommate was ROFL witnessing the weird communication ever.

“Pata nahi”, there came the most innocent reply ever ( as if the steel decided to decompose and fade into oblivion on its own apparently! )
and it’s not broken, it’s loose

It’s broken” I typed and asked the mother to drop-by for the “oppointmin”. 

I dropped on the bed to sleep and to struggle through the nightmares of loosing anymore patients.




1 comment:

  1. 😀😀😀😀 it brings a "molar to molar " smile on my face after a
    So called "half day chutti"

    ReplyDelete

Feelings Unlimited (02)

 Well part 01 was never published so..... here we go. What do we associate with events in earlier part of our lives becomes totally differen...