Saturday 28 September 2024

The Great Unravelling

 


It struck me on 27 Sept 2024. 7PM to be exact.


That my habit of going completely silent when I am upset with someone, is akin to that of Abbu's. 


He would often do that. He never spoke bad words for anyone. If somebody hurt him much he would go silent. Plain and Simple. No shenanigans. No tantrums. No absolute dramas. At All. And then he would also not talk about it. You'd never know what hurt him unless 1) you're a keen obeserver Or 2) he lets you in. With 02 being rare. I think out of us 04 I am the one who has had a glimpse of what he felt about certain things. But then I was told not to say it out loud....Ever!


It is funny that I never did dig deep to my personality ....it just dawned on me, out of nowhere, that I am his version of deep emotions (sorrow, love, anger, being a backup for someone for ever). What else dawned on me was: all 04 of us have something, some peculiar traits of Abbu.


Hiba has abbu's love for photography, Sarah has his 4D vision, she can assess life and situations in general in a split second. 

Wardah is all abbu. Her mannerism and public dealing is all Abbu. She has that softness for general masses, careful selection of words, analytical and logical reasoning. She will pump you up when you are at your lowest. Just like him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisconsin, Venn Diagram and the Silent Cheerleader

 04 October 2024  Friday This is exactly why I am afraid of Thursdays and Fridays now. People leave.  Moazam chacha left. And I went back in...